Indexed, Large Print.
The Revised Standard Version of the Bible, considered to be the most accurate translation into English of the original Hebrew and Greek texts, is used and referred to by the global Catholic Church the most frequently. It includes helpful commentary notes on each book as well as the seven Deuterocanonical books. Due to the exhaustive interpretation of many Church scholars and theologians, it features the best combination of literal and literary expressions. Ignatius Press is its official publisher; thus, it is commonly known as the Ignatius Bible. The RSV Catholic Edition is used today in official Church pronouncements and has served as the basis for the scriptural text used in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Bonded Leather cover with gilded page edges.
- Thumb Indexed.
- Extra large, 13.5-point type, puts it in the Giant Print category and is one of the largest type sizes available in a Bible today.
- A section of Prayers and Devotions of the Catholic Church that will be familiar to all Catholics.
- A 16-page section of maps
- An 8-page Presentation and Family History Section
- Leather Bound, thumb indexed, Ribbon Marker, and Deluxe Gift Box